The latest issue of MercyCare News is now available for download. Click here to get your copy.
- Green thumbs lend a hand. Twenty Woodside employees took some time out of their busy schedules to get their hands dirty in the garden at MercyCare’s Residential Aged Care facility, in Wembley on 31 May...... Read more.
- Being a single foster Mum. Susan’s Story - 40-year-old *Susan had always wanted kids, but knew it was getting too late to have children of her own..... Read more.
- Thank you Lotterywest. MercyCare will be undertaking a significant upgrade of its IT system later this year – thanks to a grant from Lotterywest worth nearly $1.5 million.... Read more.
- Good news for Lending Services. Congratulations to MercyCare’s Lending Services team which recently took out the inaugural ‘best news story’ award at the No Interest Loan Scheme conference in June... Read more.
- MercyCare's nurse of the year, Lisa Glendining. Congratulations to MercyCare’s Lisa Glendining whose contribution to excellence in nursing was recognised at the inaugural MercyCare Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards during May..... Read more.
- MercyCare helps migrants call Australia home. After seeing a desperate need amongst local migrants to understand the Australian Citizenship process, MercyCare’s Jill Ashcroft designed a workshop to assist people in Perth’s northern suburbs to become Australian citizens... Read more.
- Mercy Hospital scoops water wise award. Mercy Hospital has been singled out for its efforts to save water over the past three years after scooping a prestigious State Government award.... Read more.
- Family Group Homes. Ben’s Story - 12-year-old *Ben came into the care of MercyCare’s Family Group Home in July 2011. Coming from a background of abuse and neglect, Ben displayed violent, destructive and aggressive behaviours. He wasn’t able to embrace normal routines and activities such as bed time, school or dinner, but after just 10 months with specialist carers at the Family Group Home, Ben has made marked improvements..... Read more.