Status Resolution Support Services
MercyCare’s Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) program works with eligible service users during their migration status resolution process to support a self-sufficient, positive, healthy and engaged lifestyle in the Australian community.
Service users throughout Western Australia (including regional areas, but excluding Christmas Island) can only be referred to MercyCare by Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Each service user is allocated a case worker who becomes the their main contact for assistance. MercyCare then works with these individuals and families to link, educate and assist them to access any support or service that is available in the community and that they are eligible for. However, MercyCare does not have a role in facilitating status resolution or visa issues of service users..
Support services that MercyCare can assist to link Service Users to (based on eligibility) include:
- Supported accommodation for eligible clients
- Assistance to access medical services (including mental health services)
- Orientation to their local community – shopping, public transport, recreational activities, religious venues, pharmacies, childcare, money management etc.
- Assistance in the form of guidance or education with regards to sourcing long-term accommodation
- Assistance with essential registration e.g. schools; banks; Transperth etc.
- Regular client welfare checks and liaising with DIBP for services that clients may require for maintaining their well-being
- Linking clients to community initiatives or meaningful engagement activities
- Educating clients about available physical and mental health services and how to access those services
If you are:
- seeking Australia’s protection;
- in financial hardship; and
- living in the community on a bridging visa, you may be eligible for asylum seeker assistance under the Status Resolution Support Service (SRSS).
For more information about eligibility for this program please contact us
Call us: (08) 6298 9800
Find us at: Unit 1/6 Cecil Avenue, Cannington 6107