Time for a change?
We recognise foster carers sometimes consider transferring to another foster care agency.
Fostering is such a unique area that Foster Carers need to know that they are being well supported in their role and feel a sense of ‘match’ or ‘fit’ with the service they are registered to care with.
Some of the important issues Foster Carers consider are:
- Level of support and responsiveness provided by the team
- Understanding and listening to Foster Carer’s voices and needs
- Providing appropriate matching of children to the composition of foster families
- Mission and Vales of the organisation
- Advocacy and support for the needs of children in care
We are happy to talk to any currently registered carers about our service and what we provide.
We always advise that Carers considering transferring to MercyCare Fostering Services undertake an open discussion with the service agency they are registered with to discuss issues, support in decision making and assistance in the transfer process.