Time for a change?
We recognise that foster familes who are currently providing foster care sometimes consider transferring to another foster care agency.
Fostering is such a unique area that foster parents need to know that they are being well supported in their role and feel a sense of ‘match’ or ‘fit’ with the service they are registered to care with.
Some of the important issues foster parents consider are:
- Level of support and responsiveness provided by the team
- Understanding and listening to foster parent’s voices and needs
- Providing appropriate matching of children to the composition of foster families
- Mission and Vales of the organisation
- Felt level of advocacy and support for the needs of children in care
We are happy to talk to any currently registered carers about our service and what we provide.
We always advise that parents considering transferring to MercyCare Fostering Services undertake an open discussion with the service agency they are registered with so as to allow opportunity for discussion of issues, support in decision making and assistance in the transfer process.