We aim to create strong working relationships with our Foster Carers that emphasise trust, respect, openness and creativity. Becoming a MercyCare Foster Carer means you become an integral part of a team that is focused on ensuring the very best for the children in our care.
We do this by being responsive to the needs of our Foster Carers by:
- Having an individual Case Worker assigned to each Foster Carer
- Regular joint planning and assessment and goal setting for children
- Strong commitment to placement matching and transition for children
- Identified administration officer who provides timely responses to carer subsidies, and additional cost reimbursements
- Access to holiday activities and camps
- Access to development and training matched to the needs of children and their Foster Carers
- After hours/Emergency on-call service 24/7
- Regular respite and short breaks for Foster Carers as needed
- Having a Carer Support Officer who provides newsletters, updates and schedules events
We also seek to provide support for our Foster Carers through a team approach to the daily living and care needs of children and young people. Our team and our partnerships with other service providers ensure we provide optimal care for children and young people.