Our short-term restorative program is a goal-focused, multi-disciplinary program. Running for a maximum of 8 weeks, it is available to people who wish to defer entry into higher levels of care and remain living independently at home. By working together we can ensure that you get to remain in the comfort and security of you own home environment for a longer period of time.
Referrals must be via an ACAT assessment.
Who is eligible?
You may qualify for funding for a STRC program if you are:
- Experiencing functional decline and loss of abilities to manage day to day activities
- At risk of losing your independence
- Currently receiving no support or low level community support including CHSP and DVA
- Are not currently receiving (or on leave from) residential care, home care through a Commonwealth home care package or any other form of flexible care
*You are not eligible if you have been discharged from hospital for a condition related to a functional decline within the past 3 months or have received flexible transition care within the past 6 months.
What is provided?
A MercyCare facilitated STRC program includes the following:
- A multidisciplinary team to clearly identify and map out your care plan – a Case Manager, GP, nurse, occupational therapist and physiotherapist or exercise physiologist (and access to other specialists as required).
- A goal focused program supporting clients to achieve their individual goals and reach their own optimal level of independence. We focus on reskilling, building strength and confidence and reconnecting you to the community.
- An opportunity for you to take a lead role in determining how the program is tailored to your needs. This can include family, carers and anyone else you would like involved.
- A dedicated Case Manager will work closely with you. All support is tailored to your needs and focused on building skills. Depending on your preference, our team of experienced professionals will work with you either in your home or at our social centre – it’s your choice.
- Opportunities for participation in social activities and forming social connections via our Social Centre.
Get in contact