Home and Community Care (HACC) provides basic home support services. We deliver a HACC program that supports you so that you can stay independent and living in your own home for as long as possible. It’s also designed help you stay active and connected with your own community.
A joint funding initiative of the Commonwealth and WA State Governments, the Western Australian HACC program provides basic support services for eligible people and their carers to assist them to continue living independently at home.
With a focus on providing support to those with the greatest need, the HACC program aims to keep participants empowered and living in their own homes by maximising:
- Quality of life
- Sense of security
Services funded by HACC
Keeping You Connected with the Community
Stay active, live a fulfilling life, connect with your community and socialise with new and old friends. You deserve to live a happy and fulfilled life full of purpose. Reduced mobility or illness - or caring for someone with these needs - doesn’t have to prevent you from living the life you want to lead.
Staying connected with friends and community is a crucial part of this. Our tailored home care services can help you achieve this with the following services designed to help keep you engaged:
- Community activities such as social and fitness groups.
- Movies, shows and day trips to interesting and exciting locations.
- Shopping trips.
- One-on-one time in the home: for some clients, having a carer spend some time with them in their home can be the social activity they prefer. It’s all about fostering connection with people on a level that works for them.
Our McAuley House Social Centre, centrally located in Wembley, is a vibrant, home-like, friendly meeting place. It provides a relaxed, positive and inviting atmosphere for you to take an active role in enhancing your own wellbeing and quality of life.
Enjoy the confidence and happiness that comes from looking and feeling your best with our in-home personal care and wellbeing services. As you get older, looking after yourself can become harder.
Everyday personal care is essential to independent living at home, which is why we provide access to personal services including:
- Bathing, showering and grooming.
- Personal hygiene, skin care and toileting.
- Mobility or simply transfer in and out of bed.
- Assistance in using continence aids and appliances and managing continence.
- Taking medication and medication management.
Domestic and Gardening Support
Having a clean, well maintained home environment makes a big difference to how you feel. After all, it is where everyone spends most of their time. Our home care services can help restore a sense of confidence in your home so you can host friends and family.
We can arrange regular weekly or fortnightly cleaning to keep your house and property clean and tidy. There is no shame in asking for a bit of hand with things, it is what we are here for! This can include:
- Cleaning, tidying, washing dishes.
- Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting.
- Cleaning toilets and showers.
- Making the beds, changing linen, doing laundry.
- Gardening, lawn mowing, weeding.
- Paying bills.
Meal Planning and Preparation
Enjoying great food in the comfort of your own home is one of life’s greatest pleasures. We can help you with all aspects of everyday food shopping and meal preparation so that you can enjoy tasty, healthy and nutritious meals on a daily basis (and who knows, you might even end up teaching us a thing or two in the kitchen along the way!). Our carers can help with everyday food shopping and cooking, including:
- Healthy, tasty recipe suggestions; including assistance with special diets for health, religious, cultural or other reasons.
- Planning and preparing your meals.
- Visiting your local grocery store, supermarket, butcher, bakery with you or helping you to do your shopping online – whatever you prefer.
- Transport to and from the shops.
- Help carrying shopping bags.
- Putting the groceries away and making sure foods are stored safely.
- Using kitchen utensils and eating aids or feeding assistance.
Support for Family and Carers
Carer health and wellbeing is vital. We provide short term care in your home that allows a carer to take a break and enjoy some time for themselves. We also provide day and overnight respite at Davis House in Wembley, to support those caring for people living with cognitive impairment.
Falls Prevention and Safety
A fall and the subsequent fear of future injuries it causes often results in you being unable to do the things you want or need to do. We will meet with you, understand if you have had any falls in the past and discuss your needs. With a focus on your health and wellbeing, together we will develop an in-home care plan tailored to you to enable you to stay safe, independent and confident on your feet to keep you in your home for as long as possible.
Our complete falls prevention services include:
- Short-term programs: designed by our in-house physio team to help improve your mobility, balance and strength to give you back the confidence in your own abilities.
- Personal alarms: give yourself and your loved ones peace of mind knowing that someone is there to answer your call for help any time of the day or night.
- Short Term Restorative Care: a goal-focused, multi-disciplinary program that can assist with your saefty and the prevention of falls.
- Home modifications: typically involve bathrooms and kitchens, so that everyday tasks can be carried out. Benches and workspaces can be lowered, taps and handles changed, rails, ramps and shower hoses installed, and doorways and hallways widened to accommodate chairs or frames. Sometimes a functional room such as a bathroom can be installed on a ground floor. Garden modifications are part of making a home safe and easy to navigate. Garden modifications can include installing safety sensor lights, sprinkler systems, ramps and rails and altering gate handles.
Get started today
For more details about how we can help you or a loved one continue to live a fulfilling, independent life at home call us today.