Child and Parent Centre for families in Balga
The Child and Parent Centre is for parents and carers and their young children from birth to 8 years.
It is a welcoming place! You can just drop in with your children, relax and meet other parents.
The team can give you information about being a parent and dealing with day-to-day family life. We’re also happy to answer questions, link you up with other services and support you in solving problems.
- Just come in with your children, spend some time to relax, read a book together or play
- Feel welcome and safe
- Participate in activities, and let us know what interests you
- Meet other parents and make new friends
- Make an appointment with the Child Health Nurse
- Talk to staff about services and support your family needs
- Find out about activities and services for families and children in the area.
Who is the centre for?
- All mums and dads with young children, from newborns to 8 years of age, who live in the area of Balga or Mirrabooka.
- Carers, grandparents and other family members or friends are welcome!
- Parents who are expecting a baby.
What happens at the centre?
Opening days and times
Mondays 9:00 – 10:30am: 0-3 year old Early Learning Playgroup. After Playgroup stay for Play Café until 11:30am.
Tuesdays 9:00 – 10:30am: 3 year old Pre-kindy Playgroup. After Playgroup stay for Play café until 11:30am.
Wednesdays 9:00 – 10:00am Young Movers – craft, music and movement for 2 – 4 year olds. After Young Movers stay for Play Café until 11:00am.
Thursdays 9:00 – 10:30am Play Café – meet other parents, chat, play with your child and enjoy morning tea together.
Fridays 9:30 – 10:30am Babies group – for parents with babies 0-12months. Meet other parents, chat and play with your baby in a friendly and relaxed place.
Places are limited for our sessions – please contact our staff for more details.
The sessions are relaxed and easy going. We have activities and games to play with the children, and books to read with them. Mums, Dads and other carers chat, make friends and enjoy a lovely time together. We also talk about what parents and children would enjoy to do at the centre and plan activities together.
A Child Health Nurse is at the centre, and we are planning many more activities and programs such as:
- early learning programs, such a music and pre-literacy programs
- English language program for parents and children
- support during pregnancy and for families with new babies
- workshops on child development
- counselling and family support
The team are there to make you and your children feel at home. We also use our networks and information to answer your questions or if you need some help.
Join us with your children. It’s free!
To find out about our latest news and current programs, please read our newsletter.
Child and Parent Centre Newsletter
Where can you find us?
The Child and Parent Centre is at
Warriapendi Primary School
8 Redcliffe Avenue
Balga WA 6061
Want to know more? Contact Us
Contact the Child and Parent Centre - Warriapendi on 9440 1586
Alternatively, you can contact Anne Lowagie on:
m: 0481 002 719
Or Vanessa Prosser on:
m: 0478 806 435
MercyCare manages the Child and Parent Centre-Warriapendi in partnership with Warriapendi Primary School. It is funded by the WA State government and is one of 16 Child and Parent Centres in the Perth metro area and regional Western Australia.
Would you like to volunteer?
If you want find out about volunteering or student placements at the Child and Parent Centre, please contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator
t: 9442 3444