Mirrabooka Family Support Network
MercyCare is the Lead Agency for the Mirrabooka Family Support Network. It is a partnership of agencies working together to support families and individuals up to 25 years of age. We provide central access to a range of support services, ensuring each family or individual can select the mix of services they wish to receive on a voluntary basis whilst maintaining confidentiality of client information.
What we do
- We assist children, young people and their families to get the support they need without having to search for services themselves.
- Our approach to gathering information ensures that families or individuals are not having to retell their story to each service they are referred to.
- We quickly connect families or individuals to the most appropriate support services.
- We work alongside families and individuals to coordinate an immediate response to complex issues, building on each of their strengths and capacity to receive support.
We can support with
- Understanding what support needs a family or individual may require;
- Assistance to identify what support services are available, and what support they offer;
- Accessing different services without having to be placed on several waitlists for the same service;
- Coordinating the various support services, working together towards agreed goals;
- Providing tailored support responses in the areas of; parenting, family and domestic violence, migrant and aboriginal specific services, substance use, financial assistance, grief and loss, mental health, parent/teen conflict, relationship difficulties, school absenteeism, youth engagement, housing, carer support, post trauma and specialist counselling services.
We operate in the areas of
- Alexander Heights
Contact our team to make a referral or for more information
T 1300 760 691 E MFSN@mercycare.com.au
When you make a referral, a member of our team will:
- make contact to gather additional information;
- provide the family or individual with a range of support service options;
- facilitate all referrals to the selected services on behalf of the family or individual;
- inform the family or individual of the agency responsible for coordinating the various services if more than one has been selected, and when the services will commence.Please call our friendly staff and find out how we may be able to help you.
Our partner agencies include Anglicare WA, Black Swan - PIR, Centrecare, CLAN WA, Derbarl Yerrigan H.S, Department of Child Protection and Family Support, Djooraminda, Dungeon Youth Services, Edmund Rice Centre, Helping Minds, ISA, Lifeline WA, MercyCare, Metropolitan Migrant Resource Centre, Mission Australia, Parkerville, RUAH, Sudbury Community House, Wanslea, Whitelion (Balga Detached) and Yorgum Aboriginal Corporation.