Carlow House - 24 Hour Support
For young people aged 16-19 years. Carlow House is a 24-hour, medium term supported accommodation service for young people aged 16-19 years old who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
At Carlow House, we believe in walking along side young people and empowering them to learn new skills. We encourage all young people to build their confidence, self-esteem, strong relationships and support networks for moving into private or shared accommodation and adulthood.
We will support young people to learn new skills such as:
- Getting a Learners Permit;
- Healthy living and wellbeing through recreational activities;
- Meal preparation and cooking skills;
- Finding employment opportunities;
- Re-engaging in education or training;
- Financial planning and budgeting;
- Preparing for long term accommodation;
- Goal setting and planning for the future.
Young people can stay at Carlow House for up to 9 months and must be engaged in education or training.