2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
¼ tsp salt
220g unsalted butter at room temperature
½ cup powdered confectioners’ sugar, and a little more for decorating
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt and set aside.
- With an electric mixer (or handheld beater) cream the butter until light and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture followed by the lemon myrtle until a firm dough is formed.
- Form dough into a sausage and cover with cling wrap, placing it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to about 1cm thickness and cut into star shaped or Christmas tree shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden at 180 degrees.
- Once cool, sprinkle with extra sugar if you wish!