The Child and Parent Centre is a free service for parents and carers and their young children from birth to 8 years. MercyCare manages the Child and Parent Centre-Warriapendi in partnership with Warriapendi Primary School. It is funded by the WA State government and is one of 16 Child and Parent Centres in the Perth metro area and regional Western Australia.
It is a welcoming place - you can just drop in with your children, relax and meet other parents.
- Just come in with your children, spend some time to relax, read a book together or play.
- Feel welcome and safe.
- Participate in activities, and let us know what interests you.
- Meet other parents and make new friends.
- Make an appointment with the Child Health Nurse.
- Talk to staff about services and support your family needs.
- Find out about activities and services for families and children in the area.
Who is the Centre for?
- All mums and dads with young children, from birth to eight years of age.
- Carers, grandparents and other family members or friends are welcome.
- Parents who are expecting a baby.
What happens at the Centre?
Opening days and times
|Mondays (9:00 – 11:30am)||Aboriginal Playgroup: A playgroup for Aboriginal families with children aged birth to four years.|
|Tuesdays (9:00 – 11:00am)||Learn and Grow: Children and parents learn and thrive in a semi-structured play-based learning environment.|
|Wednesdays (9:00 – 11:00am)||Open Playgroup: A playgroup for families with children aged birth to four years that supports play-based learning.|
|Thursdays (9:00 – 11:00am)||Open Playgroup: A playgroup for families with children aged birth to four years that supports play-based learning.|
|Fridays (9:00 – 11:00am)||Bubs Playgroup: Playgroup for families with children aged birth to 12 months.|
Places are limited for our sessions – please contact our staff for more details.
The sessions are relaxed and easy going. We have activities and games to play with the children, and books to read with them. Mums, Dads and other carers chat, make friends and enjoy a lovely time together. We also talk about what parents and children would enjoy to do at the centre and plan activities together.
A Child Health Nurse is at the centre, and we are planning many more activities and programs such as:
- Early learning programs, such a music and pre-literacy programs.
- English language program for parents and children.
- Support during pregnancy and for families with new babies.
- Workshops on child development.
- Counselling and family support.
Want to know more? Contact us
Our team can give you information about being a parent and dealing with day-to-day family life. You can speak to them directly if you would like more information.
Would you like to volunteer?
If you want find out about volunteering or student placements at the Child and Parent Centre, please contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator
t: (08) 9442 3444