Status Resolution Support Services

MercyCare’s Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) program works with eligible service users during their migration status resolution process to support a self-sufficient, positive, healthy and engaged lifestyle in the Australian community.

Service users throughout Western Australia (including regional areas, but excluding Christmas Island) can only be referred to MercyCare by Department of Home Affairs. Each service user is allocated a case worker who becomes their main contact for assistance. MercyCare then works with these individuals and families to link, educate and assist them to access support or services for which they are eligible within the community. MercyCare does not have a role in facilitating status resolution or visa issues of service users.

MercyCare has a multilingual team to provide a wide range of support linkages into the community to help service users navigate and learn the Australian way of life. We work in partnership with other organisations and community groups to ensure the service is as smooth, welcoming and respectful as possible.

MercyCare can assist eligible service users by linking them with practical supports such as:

  • Supported accommodation;
  • Assistance to access medical services (including mental health services);
  • Orientation to their local community – shopping, public transport, recreational activities, religious venues, pharmacies, childcare, money management etc;
  • Assistance in the form of guidance or education with regards to sourcing long-term accommodation;
  • Assistance with essential registration e.g. schools; banks; Transperth etc;
  • Regular client welfare checks and liaising with Department of Home Affairs for services that clients may require for maintaining their well-being;
  • Linking clients to community initiatives or meaningful engagement activities;
  • Educating clients about available physical and mental health services and how to access those services.

If you are:

  • Seeking Australia’s protection;
  • In financial hardship; and
  • Living in the community on a bridging visa, you may be eligible for asylum seeker assistance under the Status Resolution Support Service (SRSS).  

Contact us

Unit 1/6 Cecil Avenue,
Cannington 6107