Youth Reference Group
Expressions of Interest
Are you between the ages of 16-25 and living in the Perth Metropolitan region? Do you want to be a part of the youth voice for MercyCare? Join our Youth Reference Group!
MercyCare Youth and Homelessness Team’s Youth Reference Group (YRG ) will be made up of 8-10 young people between the ages of 16-25 who are passionate about supporting young people.
We want to empower you as members to foster new skills surrounding community engagement through positive conversations around youth culture as well as the opportunity to broaden their networks, meet a diverse range of young people and develop leadership skills.
As a member, we will not only listen to your voice and feedback but will use your input in the services that we provide. You will also help us by giving feedback and input around how we market our service (design, social media etc.).
- Opportunity to have your say and guide the Youth Services that MercyCare provide
- Develop new skills including teamwork and leadership
- Meet other young people and network
- Make a difference for young people who utilise our services
What does being part of the Youth Reference Group involve?
Being a member of the YRG you will be expected to attend quarterly meetings, with additional meetings when needed on a Tuesday night from 5.30-7:00 PM at our West Perth Office, 38 Ord St as well as opportunities to volunteer at events (such as expos and open days) when possible. You will also be expected to maintain communication through various forms (email, text etc.) on a fortnightly basis.
What will you get in return
- New skills in leadership and teamwork
- Space to meet a diverse range of young people who also want to make sure youth are heard.
- Access to coaching and mentoring
- The opportunity to share your ideas and views that impact services for young people
- Potential reference and volunteer experience
- Food at meetings
- Voucher for attending each meeting
We want representation from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Young People
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Young People
- LGBTIQ+ Young people
- Young people who are or have been connected with MercyCare
- Young People with lived experience