To guide its overall journey with Aboriginal people, MercyCare developed an Aboriginal Pathway strategy, to enhance its overall relationship with Aboriginal people and communities.
The Aboriginal Pathway has seven key work domains requiring action at the individual, service and organisational levels of MercyCare. These include:
- Building relationships with Elders, leaders and local communities.
- Aligning organisational commitment and culture to be inclusive of Aboriginal people.
- Developing workforce cultural appreciation and competence.
- Ensuring culturally secure service delivery.
- Increasing Aboriginal workforce at all levels of the organisation.
- Supporting reconciliation and healing initiatives.
- Partnering with and together supporting Aboriginal leadership and organisations.