We can support you at home in many ways, from nursing and personal care to house cleaning and getting out-and-about in your community. With support at home, you can continue doing the things you love.
Our services include:
Everyday personal care is essential to independent living at home, which is why we provide access to personal services including:
- Bathing, showering and grooming
- Personal hygiene, skin care and toileting
- Mobility or simply transfer in and out of bed
- Assistance in using continence aids and appliances and managing continence
- Taking medication and medication management
We can arrange regular weekly or fortnightly support to assist you with cleaning to keep your house and property clean and tidy, including:
- Cleaning, tidying, washing dishes
- Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting
- Cleaning toilets and showers
- Making the beds, changing linen, doing laundry
- Paying bills
We can arrange for our home maintenance team to do those jobs around the home that are hard to get to, from cleaning your windows to clearing your gutters.
Our team can help keep your garden looking great including general gardening, lawn mowing and weeding.
We can help you with all aspects of everyday food shopping and meal preparation so that you can enjoy tasty, healthy and nutritious meals. We can support you with:
- Healthy, tasty recipe suggestions; including assistance with special diets for health, religious, cultural or other reasons
- Planning and preparing your meals
- Visiting your local grocery store, supermarket, butcher, bakery with you or helping you to do your shopping online – whatever you prefer
- Transport to and from the shops
- Help carrying shopping bags
- Putting the groceries away and making sure foods are stored safely
- Using kitchen utensils and eating aids or feeding assistance
We can support you to do your grocery shopping or simply to get to your favourite stores.
Our tailored home care services can help you stay connected with friends, family and your community through:
- Community activities such as social and fitness groups
- Movies, shows and day trips to interesting and exciting locations
- Shopping trips
- Technology to help you stay safe and keep in touch: for some of our clients, we have supported the purchase of personal alarms, tablets and iPads to enable contact with family and friends.
Nursing care is available seven days a week in your home. Our nurses can help with:
- Health assessments to support you to be safe and independent in your home including falls risk assessments, cognitive assessment and clinical assessments to ensure your general well being
- Continence and catheter management
- Wound care
- Diabetic care
- Medication support
- Respiratory care
- Stoma care
- Chronic Disease Management
We can also provide:
- Transport to visit health practitioners
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Allied health assessment and services including podiatry, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech therapy
Allied Health Support
Our team will work closely with you to ensure to deliver the specialised services you need, including managing daily living tasks, safety in and around the home and referrals to other specialists like physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists and more.
One-on-one time in the home: for some clients, having a carer spend some time with them in their home can be the social activity they prefer. It is all about fostering connection with people on a level that works for them.
Our friendly and supportive team are here to help you get to the places you want to go, from shopping, going to appointments, fitness classes or social events. We offer more than just a transport service - we will accompany you to do your banking, shopping, to events in your community or to any other location that you might want to visit to provide company and a helping hand.
If you prefer to travel more independently, we can organise taxi or fuel vouchers for you or your carer.
Aids and equipment to keep you safe
A fall and the subsequent fear of future injuries it causes often results in you being unable to do the things you want or need to do. With a focus on your health and wellbeing, together we will develop an in-home care plan tailored to you to enable you to stay safe, independent and confident at home.
Our falls prevention services include:
- Short-term programs: designed by a physiotherapy team to help improve your mobility, balance and strength to give you back the confidence in your own abilities.
- Personal alarms: give yourself and your loved ones’ peace of mind knowing that someone is there to answer your call for help any time of the day or night.
- Short Term Restorative Care: a goal-focused, multi-disciplinary program that can assist with your safety and the prevention of falls.
- Home modifications: typically involve bathrooms and kitchens, so that everyday tasks can be carried out. Benches and workspaces can be lowered, taps and handles changed, rails, ramps and shower hoses installed, and doorways and hallways widened to accommodate chairs or frames. Sometimes a functional room such as a bathroom can be installed on a ground floor. Garden modifications are part of making a home safe and easy to navigate. Garden modifications can include installing safety sensor lights, sprinkler systems, ramps and rails and altering gate handles.
Why choose MercyCare?
- We are 100 per cent Western Australian; our team is local and on hand to support you through your home care journey.
- Our priority is listening and understanding your needs and preferences. We put you at the heart of the process and help you tailor a care plan that best meets your needs.
- Our services are flexible. We understand that needs change over time and we’ll work with you to ensure you continue to receive the services and quality of care required to live life your way.
- We work to make sure you get the most from your government subsidy and budget.
- Our Home Care Packages have no joining, upgrade or exit fees.
- We offer access to a full continuum of services across home care, respite and social support through to residential aged care.
- We are a not-for-profit organisation driven by values of respect, integrity, compassion, justice, excellence and courage.
- We are a trusted provider you can rely on. Our roots date back more than 175 years, with thousands of Western Australians trusting us that they are in safe hands.
We also offer:
Get in contact