MercyCare is the only Specialist Jobs and Skills Centre in WA for people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
The Jobs and Skills Centre assists people from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) backgrounds to access education, training and employment so that they can live independently in the community. The service is available to people living anywhere in Western Australia and is delivered from our offices in Mirrabooka (north) and Cannington (south).
This service has been operating for over a decade and is provided by specialist Employment Support and Career Development Practitioners with many years of experience in designing and delivering employment programs focused on the needs of people from a CaLD background. Each year, we work with around 1,000 jobseekers to help them in their employment journey.
How do we help?
- Meetings to establish individual capacities, needs and goals
- Advice about the current and future job market
- Providing information and referrals to relevant education and training options
- Assistance in acquiring relevant licenses and certifications
- Developing realistic and achievable Career Action Plans and providing short and long term career Finding work experience, voluntary work and other opportunities to build experience
- Helping with the development of resumes and applications
- Guidance on how to conduct effective job searches
- Interviewing skills and tips
- Computer assisted career guidance - including tools to improve labour market research skills
- Over 100 free Workshops on Career Options and Employability Skills conducted each year
- Approaches to employers to seek work opportunities and post-placement support
This program is open to anyone needing assistance with training, education and employment support from a culturally and linguistically diverse background – all ages, no restrictions on types of visa held or length of time in Australia.
Phone/ Skype appointments can also be arranged for eligible clients across Western Australia.
This program is funded by the Department of Training and Workforce Development.